May 8, 2007

Faux Repousse


I was playing around with HVAC metal tape and die cuts last winter. I cut these tags from chipboard and then covered them with HVAC tape.

On Tag #1 I used my metal tools for the designs.







On Tag #2 I used an empty ball point pen and tiny bit of burnt sienna acrylic paint.








On Tag #3 I placed an angel under the tape and tooled the metal before applying Ranger Adirondack alcohol inks.






On Tag #4 I placed stips cut from decorative scissors under the tape before applying alcohol inks. I wasn't crazy about how the tags with shapes underneath turned out. I need to work with that some more. I think it has potential if executed better.




And Tiny Tag #5 I just added this one because it's so darn cute!! Another one of those "little things" I love.

No comments: